Make a Gift to UNC Linguistics
Interested in supporting the study of Linguistics at UNC? You can make a donation directly to our department, or to our student support and scholarship funds, by visiting the Department of Linguistics ‘Make Your Gift’ page.
To learn more about the ways in which you can support our department, please contact Stevan Dozier, assistant director of development at the Arts and Sciences Foundation (919-843-7821, email@example.com).
Thank you for your consideration in supporting our efforts and enhancing the Linguistics program here at UNC!
The ‘Make Your Gift’ page asks you to “Please select a fund.” Here are the options:
• Department of Linguistics (101060)
This fund helps support general activities of the department, including:
- The annual Spring Colloquium
- Linguistics at the UNC Science Expo
- Guest speakers and other special department events
- Educational opportunities, like the Field Methods course that analyzes the structure of an understudied or endangered language
- The Linguistics Outreach Group
- Faculty research projects, including support for student research assistants
- The Linguistics graduation reception and recognition ceremony
• The Juanita A. Melchert Graduate Excellence Fund (105553)
This fund helps support graduate students in Linguistics, including:
- Graduate-student research
- Graduate-student travel to research sites and conferences
- Other activities that enhance research and development for graduate students
• The Marc Adam Eisdorfer Award (107442)
This fund supports the Marc Adam Eisdorfer Award for Excellence in Linguistics, presented at the Chancellor’s Award Ceremony each year to the senior judged most outstanding in academic achievement in Linguistics.