Every May, the Department of Linguistics holds a graduation reception and recognition ceremony. It’s a chance for us to congratulate and honor our graduates, and meet their friends and family.
Specific information about each year’s reception will be sent to graduating seniors by email, and posted on this web site, by mid-April.
2023 Reception information and RSVP links
- Date: Sunday, May 14, 2023
- Place: Rehearsal Hall, Kenan Music Building
- Time: After the UNC Spring Commencement Ceremony ends
(approximately 11:30, but no earlier than 11:00)
- Please join us for light refreshments and conversation
- Recognition certificates will be presented to the graduates during the reception, after the guests have arrived
- See the 2023 invitation here (as of Feb 27: coming soon!)
- Visit the 2023 Seniors: Quotes & Memories page—and add a post via the RSVP form! (as of Feb 27: coming soon!)
RSVP by Friday, May 5, 2023 (or contact Jennifer Smith for more information).
- RSVP link: Google Form
- Accessibility accommodations: If you or guests require accommodations, including (medical or disability) accessible parking, please RSVP or contact us at least two weeks in advance of the reception—by Sunday, April 30—so that the appropriate arrangements can be made. We will also make our best-faith effort to accommodate requests submitted after this time.
Getting to Kenan Music Building from Kenan Stadium
- (click for larger image)