Every May, the Department of Linguistics holds a graduation reception and recognition ceremony. It’s a chance for us to congratulate and honor our graduates, and meet their friends and family.
Specific information about each year’s reception will be sent to graduating seniors by email, and posted on this web site, by mid-April.
2022 Reception information and RSVP links
- Date: Sunday, May 8
- Place: Room 100 (auditorium), Hamilton / Pauli Murray Hall
- Time: After the UNC Spring Commencement Ceremony ends
(approximately 11:30, but no earlier than 11:00)
- Recognition certificates will be presented to the graduates during the reception, after the guests have arrived
- This year, we will provide light snacks for graduates and guests to take home
- See the 2022 invitation here (revised 4/28/2022)
- Visit the 2022 Seniors: Quotes & Memories page—and add a post via the RSVP form!
RSVP by Thursday, May 5, 2022 (or contact Jennifer Smith for more information).
- RSVP links: BA recipients | MA and PhD recipients
- Accessibility accommodations: If you or guests require accommodations, including (medical or disability) accessible parking, please RSVP or contact us at least two weeks in advance of the reception—by Sunday, April 24—so that the appropriate arrangements can be made. We will also make our best-faith effort to accommodate requests submitted after this time.
Getting to Hamilton/Pauli Murray Hall from Kenan Stadium
- (click for larger image)
Career Services survey for May 2022 graduates
- Please consider completing the First Destination survey about your post-graduation plans!
Here is the Handshake survey link (for BA/BS, MA, PhD graduates)